Thursday, July 17, 2014

Beat the Heat.

I've become a bit of a blog reading fiend. Since discovering the Bloglovin app, I've been unstoppable! I can read posts from my iPod whenever I have a free moment. It's too easy!

If I had to choose just one to read, I think it would be A Beautiful Mess. It's right up my alley and has a lot to offer. I love that they're not too focused. They do DIY, recipes, fashion, beauty, everything in the lifestyle bracket. They recently did an updo tutorial that I love! It's getting hot here in Japan, and I'm in need of some good ideas to get my thick hair off my neck and my face. My hair is just getting to my shoulders, so it's not always long enough for anything and everything. Between a 9-month-old and this heat that's about to get hotter, I appreciate anything fast, easy, and sturdy that I can do with my hair. 

Here's my take on their tucked braid updo (forgive the photos; this is me, by myself in a tiny Japanese bathroom, this is the best I got). I've done this one about three times since reading this post. It's hit or miss, sometimes I don't get it quite right. But I'd still say this updo is pretty easy. 

Standard poof

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment