Saturday, March 2, 2013

Erp?

I gotta admit. Today, I got nothing. There are times I stare at this blank screen, and nothing comes out of my mind. I'm just blank. Inexpressive. A little mundane even, at times. You know that feeling when your husband is across the world from you, and you just want to leave him alone because he's in transit, and you're in a sea of Japanese people?

Oh, sorry. Haha. Probably not.

I actually appreciate this sea of Japanese people right now. And at most times, actually. I don't know what it is, but it's sometimes less lonely to me than being in a sea of Americans. Because with Americans, there's more to be done, socially. I should be making conversation, making some new friends. There's opportunity here, take advantage! So if I chicken out, I just end up lonely AND guilty. Phew. Not fun. But in this wonderful sea of Japanese folk, we're hanging out and there's nothing more. I'm literally 24 inches from a young woman with pretty pink shoes shuffling around her iPhone. And you know, that will be the extent of our interaction. Or maybe she'll say, "Sumimasen" as she passes. But really, that'll be it. Ah, no obligation. Yet I feel like I'm with her and with that woman over there in the heart earrings, and that old man who's doing absolutely nothing but enjoying a cup of joe on a Saturday evening. And even though I have ear buds in and I'm listening to blues (maybe that's my problem), we're just together. Thanks for keeping me company, guys. ;)

My current remedy for my melodrama while my husband is away (besides friends, of course; they are primary): personal goals. Learn to sew. Crochet more. Consolidate my cookbook (seriously, am I a housewife or what?). Volunteer more at the zoo, and expound on my work there. Work towards Africa, make more friends there, research my options. Learn Japanese, for crying out loud! And maybe French.

Phew. Welp, it seems like I did have something afterall. Boom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment