Monday, June 11, 2012

Give Me Two Weeks

In approximately 31.5 hours, these two lovely people, my parents, will arrive at Narita airport.  It has been 9 months since I've seen them.  You see, I had a great home life.  My husband and I were blessed to grow up in an environment of supportive and uplifting high school (and even middle school) friends that we still call our closest today.  We have great families who have been patient and learned to love us from afar.  Who have learned to support us in our wanderlust.  It's not easy what we've put them through.  What we've been through ourselves.

So after all this striving to put home in its place, I am all too ready to breathe out and have a piece of home here with me.  So for the two weeks they're here, I will be with them.  Blogger, I'm taking a break.  I'll have plenty of stories and photos on the flip side.  I'm excited to share them with you.  But for these two weeks, I shall be present with the people who raised me.  You won't see me here, but I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment