Friday, July 13, 2012

Derp Derp

My frequency is starting to look bad.  Yikes.  But let me explain.  I was on Skype a little over a week ago, and everything froze.  Then the dreaded grey screen of death known to mac users came up. 

And she wouldn't turn back on. 

We're working it out and hoping to get my mac life back together.  But in the meantime, I'm on my hubby's PC.  I'll try to keep up, even though I'm macified. 

This piggy backs on great news - my husband is home!  Hooray!  Two months is nowhere near what military wives often have to endure, but I missed him anyway.  His homecoming was sweet; what a glorious moment to see my man in uniform walking toward me on the pier.  The moment didn't last long - my instinct when reuniting is to run and jump into a hug. 

I'm probably the most obnoxious Navy wife ;)

Anyway. 

Times are still challenging; Curt works around 12-15 hours a day, depending.  Other days, he has duty or they take short underways in Tokyo Bay to complete various evolutions.  You gotta love inspection season.  Much of my time is spent wondering when my husband will come home and, I have to admit, resenting the fact that my universe orbits his life.  But I find I'm embracing the things I need, and lately, it's to get wacky.  Monday evening, Curt anticipated getting home at 1800.  Then texted that it would be another hour or so.  But lo and behold, when he walked in the door at 2030, I had lost my mind and had been singing to various obnoxious songs.  Oh, the beauty of karaoke in your living room.  He caught me during Donna Lewis' I Love You Always Forever

When I left my Japanese language class at 1845 on Wednesday, I got a call that it would be a few more hours before his return.  So I biked my little self down to Home's (home accents store) and bought 6 enormous pillows for our chow table.  Not only did I refuse to use a cart (hey, I'm buff!), I refrained from being defeated by the fact that I'm a bike rider.  Thank God I had bunji cords.  I still looked ridiculous with a tower of pillows swaying on the back end of my bike. 

Oh, the joy of embracing our woes and letting them take us to places and moods we shouldn't be.  Here's to eluding our better judgment and letting the wind take our crazy selves where it may.

No comments:

Post a Comment