Thursday, July 5, 2012

Livin' on a Prayer

Oi vey.

Thing are low lately.  I swore off loneliness spring semester of my sophomore year of college.  I had roommates who were never home, my best friend was abroad, and though I lived 20 minutes from my hometown, I was isolated when I was at school.  I had plenty of friends at my university, but living off-campus can dampen things, to the point of the dreaded loneliness.  I told myself I would never want to go through something like that again, and that I would do everything in my power to avoid it.

So remind me again why I married a forward-deployed sailor and moved across the ocean where I don't speak the language? 

LoL.  I actually laughed at myself today when I realized this.  The only child who can't stand being lonely (ok, I admit, who can really? But there are some self-proclaimed loners out there).  Check back in a year.  I bet you I've had a child and am DYING for some me time.  Oh Carrie Carrie Carrie ...

Today, I also realized that I am at a strange point in life.  It actually makes sense to trust God.  It's easier.  In a time when I have no idea where my life is going, when to have kids, or the opportunity for a new friend may present itself, trusting in the Lord looks pretty good.  I have little socially and professionally, and at the position I'm in, some God trust is the only thing that will keep me going. 

And I mean that.

I'm standing on a rock, and it took having little on my own to realize it. 

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya, Carrie! I am not across the ocean... or have a husband who is deployed at sea... but I am across the country with a boyfriend who's always doing dentist-y things. Let me know if you ever wanna skype :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete