Friday, July 20, 2012

Japan's Next Top?

There are moments in which I feel I have obtained the utmost randomness. 

For example,

I'm registered with a modeling agency out of Tokyo called Junes.  Many Navy wives (and children) pursue modeling while they're out here.  The Japanese seem fond of blonde hair and blue eyes.  It hasn't gone anywhere, my 'modeling career' with Junes, but hey, I went to a modeling fair on base and it was fun.  So I go to auditions when I get them and 100 percent of the time end up laughing at myself afterwards. 

It's great.

My first audition with Junes was a bit of a mishap.  I didn't understand the process.  Junes has your information and some photos on file, and when a job comes up, they email everyone with the information of audition date, job date, stipend, etc.  Those who are available email back and from that pot, they pick a choice few from their photos.  Those are the ones who audition.   I got the first email, responded, and ended up going down to their offices on audition day without understanding that I was indeed not selected for an audition.  Awkward.  But they were kind and let me audition anyway. 

And they had to photograph my hands.  Dang you, enormous writing bump! 

My second audition, I was actually selected for (yay!), and it was for an underwear ad.  Yeah ... great.  I was surrounded by Russian bombshells and was the only foreigner who didn't speak Japanese.  They put me in spandex and asked me to 'emphasize the breasts'.  I think I've said enough about that one. 

Bwahaha.

My third ever modeling audition was today.  For a car commercial.  In Spain.  With a $3,500 stipend and travel expenses.  Uhm.  Hi, I'm Carrie and I have no experience but I'm going to try my darndest.  So I made my way up to Ikejiri Ohashi (eh?) and ran into a Frenchman who would be my audition partner.  We were placed in a fake car and told that we have fake children behind us and are going on a fake road trip.  Oh, and that we're fake married.  So we laughed and had fun and gawked at the fake sea we were fake driving by.  It was by far the funnest (i.e., least awkward) audition yet, but still so utterly random.  Where am I?  What am I doing?  Who are these people?  All in a day's work.

I guess when given the right avenues, my awkwardness knows no bounds.  Power to me.

1 comment:

  1. haha...hahahahaha. oh gosh your life. i really really really wish i could have seen those audition flubs.

    ReplyDelete