Monday, May 14, 2012

Whep!

I'm not that great at this yet.  I read blogs almost every day.  And most people captivate me.  How is it that the world is full of so many great stories?  It blows my mind.  I don't write like that yet.  

I've had it easy before.  I started my first blog in order to document my DTS experience, which had a different discussion topic every week, complete with guest speaker.  So not only did I have a ton of reflections and ideas and messy mumbo jumbo running around in my head, I had experiences throughout the streets of West End Winnipeg and the huts of Eastern Uganda.  Not difficult to write about.  

It continued on through a transfer of universities, exploring Madison, and a Wildlife Management school in Tanzania and Kenya.  Again, exciting times.  

But now I have to become better.  I get easily disheartened by this blog.  I know I'm not bad, per se, but I need to grow.  So forgive me as I write with randomness.  Because the only solution I can come up with is to keep writing.  And letting it be a bit of struggle.  I need to avoid having a journal blog.  I'm not going to tell you what I ate for lunch today.  

So I will pursue meaning.  And few words.  Well, minimal words.  

Some posts will be touristy.  I live in Japan, and refuse to avoid that.  But I hope also to make something more than a travel memoir.  

Bear with me.  :)

2 comments:

  1. whep, that's all we can ask for.

    :) blogs are an art. you'll get "there" (wherever that is--stop being hard on yourself)...I mean, Bob Ross didn't start OUT making perfect happy trees.

    or maybe he did. I mean, it IS Bob Ross. (well, was. RIP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think what you had for lunch would be a very entertaining topic considering you live in Japan. I had some pizza today. Not interesting. You prob had something Japanese and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete